Our pups, Poesy and Pan, say: HAPPY FRIDAY! Link is somewhere in the background
being very glad he is far too gargantuan to actually fit into a basket. 😄
A sub caption for this photo would be: Yes, we are THOSE doggie moms.
– One of my favorite poems is “Desiderata” by Max Ehrmann. On this very cold and blustery day in April, I wanted to share part of it with you, even if you’ve heard it a thousand times, even if you’ve never heard it–it continues to be a gift, as poetry goes:
You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
– Tammy Strobel talks about ways you can practice gratitude on her blog, Rowdy Kittens. Tammy is one of my personal heroes, and her ideas, passion and creativity come through clearly and beautifully on her blog–highly, highly recommended~
– I’m completely in love with the idea of a “comfort box.” Artist Kim Welling takes paper and her art and makes something lovely and (totally and completely) comforting.
– You Are Allowed rocks all socks. All too often, in this world, we are reminded over and over that we must conform, and that we are not allowed and that we must stay with the status quo. I’ve never gotten anywhere with my life by not striving, by not dreaming, by not doing. It’s a fantastic and poignant reminder that you are allowed to dream–the place anything beautiful begins:
– I now have an author page on FaceBook! You can add me if you’re social network-ly inclined~ 🙂
– One of my best friends, Rhiannon, owns and operates the lush and magical perfumed land of The Misery/Love Co. She creates out of this world perfume oils, and I love every single one (seriously, they’re amazing). We’ve partnered before in combination of stories and perfume oils, and we are currently in talks for Rhi to create perfume oils based on my novel, The Dark Wife! I’ll keep everyone posted. She sent me, as the sweetest gift in the entire world, my very own perfume oil based on the entire novel itself! ;-; Officially, the notes for it are: Crushed rose petals, bitter myrrh, honey wine, red sandalwood, dry palmarosa grasses, black pepper, dragon’s blood, six pomegranate arils, and a fresh hint of new tears.
This is the label–sadly, I forgot to snap a picture of the bottle itself!
– Have a beautiful weekend~ ❤